Onshore Cementing Systems
Gulfstream Services Inc.'s RCH (rotating cement head) line is designed to drop plugs, darts or balls of any type or length during cementing or circulating applications, all while reciprocating and rotating string weights up to 3 million pounds.
Our RCH line has been engineered with a modular design and can be configured with a swivel, pump-in-sub, or as a stand-alone cement head, depending on your particular application and needs.
GSI’s RCH Top Drive Cement Heads have been successfully deployed on over 3,500 jobs worldwide.
Contact us today to learn more about our Surface Cementing Head Rental & Onshore Cementing Units.
Cement Head Features, Advantages and Benefits
- Wireless remote capability with all cement heads. Includes manual backup.
- Eliminates personnel in the derrick.
- No Line of Sight Requirement.
- Manual operations performed with a standard Kelly valve wrench
- Only requires 1/4 turns (90°) to launch objects for an "immediate release".
- Ability to rotate and reciprocate simultaneously.
- Modular design allows an infinite number of objects to be loaded/launched. Limited by derrick height.
- Multiple runs can be made without redressing.
- Can be loaded or re-loaded at the rig or in the derrick.
GSI holds patents on our Cement Head System and other systems.
The GSI RCH System maintains a DNV Type certification.
The GSI Cement Head System has undergone T.H. Hill Design Review and Finite Element Analysis.
GSI Cement Head Systems — Casing Applications
(4 1/2" - 7 5/8" Casing)
(8 5/8" - 9 7/8" Casing)
|Tool Max OD (in)||10||13||15.0|
|Tool Joint ID (in)||2.75||3.06||3.06|
|Tensile Yield- Tool only (lbs) **||1,218,000||2,298,000||1,200,000|
|Max Working Pressure (psi)||10,000||10,000||7,500|
|Max Torque (ft / lbs) **||54,000||89,000||89,000|
|Drill Pipe Connection (top)||4 1/2" IF||6 5/8" FH||6 5/8" FH|
|DP / Casing Connection (bottom)||4 1/2" IF||GBCD||GBCD|
|Plug Launching Canister ID (in)||5.03||6.50||9.25|
**Note- tensile & torque limited by casing connection